What sort of information do we collect?
We collect personal information in accordance with the relevant privacy laws in Australia.
Personal information is collected about you only when you supply it to us on a voluntary basis, for example when you:
· request information about our products or services; or
· participate in blogs or social media; or
· visit certain parts of this website where you are invited to provide content, submissions and suggestions, visitorship data or participate in interactive online activities (i.e. community postings, voting, chat, or bulletin boards).
Personal information can include your name, age, address, email address, product interests, company details along with transactional information such as the type and quantity of products that you purchase, and any other information of a personal nature which you provide including payment methods. Please keep in mind that whenever you give out personal information via bulletin boards or chat on the website it may be viewed, collected and used by other people visiting the website. While we strive to protect our users’ personal information and privacy, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you disclose online and you do so at your own risk.
We collect such personally identifiable information that you give us so that we may:
· provide you with the products you purchase;
· provide you with information about the products;
· tell you about products and services and provide information to our third party marketing partners, subject to this policy;
· respond to your requests for information;
· process survey results and other data you provide;
· process contest entries;
· process online purchases and payments;
· send you products you order;
· filter the products and information we offer; and
· open, maintain and administer user accounts.
We may also collect non-personal information such as your IP address, browser type, the date and time of your visit, the particular pages you access and the information you download. The information we obtain is not personal information about you. For more information, please read the section on Cookies below.
How do we use and disclose personal information?
We use personal information for editorial and feedback purposes (to the extent that is explained when guests provide the information), to process quotations or to contact you about products or services or send you information that may be of interest to you.
We will not disclose personal information collected from you on our website without your consent. A user's email address will not be posted by us on our website. If we plan to post your personal information on the website, you will be given prior notification of such posting and given the option of preventing such posting.
Unless otherwise disclosed during collection, we will not provide any personal information to any third party for any purpose whatsoever.
We will not transfer personal information about you to an organisation outside Australia without your consent. If we are required by law or legal process to release personal information about you, we will cooperate fully with that body.
We may collect information relating to your general location based on (1) information you manually provide, (2) the IP address of your computer, (3) Global Positioning System (GPS) information sent to us by your GPS-enabled device, and (4) the proximity of your computer, tablet, mobile wireless device, personal digital assistant, personal communication system, or other communications device (your “Personal Communication Device”) to the nearest radio tower or cell site. We may also be able to detect when your Personal Communication Device is activated as well as when and how you are using it. We may collect data to verify the information you provide manually and to provide you with location-based content and advertising. We may associate Personally Identifiable Information with location-based information provided by you or your Personal Communication Device solely for our internal use and to improve your experience with the products.
Site Visitorship Data
Site visitorship data is information about the way a website is used that is not associated with an individual’s identity. We use anonymous data regarding online behavior to better understand how people use our products. To that end, we may use aggregated, anonymous online traffic behavior, along with information from third parties to track usage trends and thereby improve the services. We may also use this aggregated, anonymous information to develop reports that we may share with third party marketing partners and affiliates. The kind of information we may collect includes:
· the date and time you access the services;
· your internet service provider, mobile carrier, or data services provider;
· your Internet Protocol (IP) address;
· the pages you visit;
· the links you click;
· the features you use;
· how and when you interact with the services;
· the content, images and advertisements you select; and
· how you arrived at the products and where you go when you leave.
Most site visitorship data is collected using data collection tools such as web beacons, cookies, embedded web links and other software (together “Data Collection Tools”). Data Collection Tools are typically small data files or software that are sent to your browser and stored on your computer's or mobile device's hard drive. Most browsers and display software can be set to inform you when Data Collection Tools are being used or other tracking software is being sent to your computer or Personal Communication Device. They also provide you with the option of refusing such Data Collection Tools. However, refusing to allow the use of Data Collection Tools may, in some cases, preclude you from using, or negatively impact the display or function of, certain areas or features of the services, including preventing you from purchasing products.
Data Collection Tools may store the information in your shopping cart and allow us to relate your use of the services to other information about you, including your Personal Information. We may do this to improve and personalise your experience and help resolve problems you experience through your use of the website.
How do we keep your personal information secure?
We cannot guarantee, in every circumstance, the security of the personal information you provide on the website. All incoming encrypted information is routed through our firewall, which serves as a gatekeeper for our system. Only data containing the correct authorisation is permitted past the firewall. Attempts to pass the firewall are constantly monitored for suspicious activity.
· retrieve information from your computer that was not originally sent in a cookie.
· identify specific individuals, except in such cases as online enquiries (see above) and registration (where a cookie allows you to post comments without registering again each time).
Except as described above, we do not use the information transferred through cookies for any promotional or marketing purposes, nor is that information shared with any third parties.
Whenever you enter an area of the site that carries or requires you to enter sensitive information such as your credit card details, a padlock icon will appear in the address bar of your browser, indicating that the page is secure. We often use the Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) and Private Communications Technology security standards that are supported by Microsoft Internet Explorer 4.0 or later and other popular browsers. SSL encodes your personal information by encrypting credit card number, name, address, phone number, identification number and your password so that they cannot be read by unauthorised parties.
While we may provide encryption technologies and use other reasonable precautions to protect confidential information and provide suitable security, we do not guarantee that information transmitted through the Internet is secure, or that such transmissions will be free from delay, interruption, interception or error.
We may implement certain physical, technological and managerial procedures to safeguard the personally identifiable information we collect. However, these procedures do not guarantee that the information will remain secure against theft or misuse.
Hyperlinks and Referrals
· Select the "opt out" or "unsubscribe" link, or follow the opt out instructions that may be included in such communication.
· Where applicable, return to the web page(s) or service where you originally registered your preferences and follow the opt out instructions.
· Email us. Be sure to provide your name, email address and postal address, and specific relevant information about the particular service you no longer wish to receive.
Please be aware that when you opt out of receiving communications, it may affect the services you have chosen to receive from us where accepting the communications is a condition of receiving such services. By registering as a user or entering into transactions through the website, you consent to receiving administration and transaction related communications.